Letter to the management of HHIC-Phils. IncPosted: June 20, 2011
May 26, 2011
Mr. Taek Kyun Yoo
External Trade Part
HHIC Phil. Inc.
Mr. Agapito Manacmol
HHIC Phil. Inc.
Dear Mr. Taek,
We would like to follow-up our letter to your office last March 15, 2011. We appreciate your initial effort to address some issues mentioned in our said letter, still the issues we raised especially on Occupational Health and Safety Standards and maltreatment need your immediate attention. And that these concerns be seriously attended to and resolved with our participation.
Once more we reiterate our request to create a committee that will address the following remaining issues:
- Immediate reinstatement of eighteen (18) cases involving around forty (40) individuals of arbitrary dismissal of workers spanning from 2008 up to present, as well as the case of five (5) suspended workers just recently.
- Creation of mechanism to effectively address the repeated occurrences of work related accidents and diseases at the workplace like the recurrence of fatal accidents resulting in deaths or serious injuries.
- Provide adequate supply of safety gadgets and Personnel Protective Equipments (PPE’s) to all workers.
- Provide workers with sufficient and healthy / nutritious food.
- The recurrence of cases of maltreatment that result in physical harm and serious injuries to workers.
We believe that together, we can positively resolve the above mentioned issues.
We look forward to your prompt response on the matter at hand.
Alfie F. Alipio
Hon. Leopoldo B. De Jesus Atty. Jasmin Navarro-Regino
DOLE RO 3, OIC Regional HR Director
Regional Government Center, Commission on Human Rights
Barangay Maimpis, 3/F Keyheng Bldg., Dolores Junction,
City of San Fernando, Pampanga City of San Fernando, Pampanga
Fr. Hanibal G. Brucelas Ms. Ma. Lourdes O. Berin
Director – Social Action Center of Zambales Executive Trustee Pope Pius II – 12th St., corner Gallagher Urban Missionaries (UM- AMRSP) City of Olongapo, Zambales #70 Main Horseshoe Drive, 1112 Quezon City
Bp. Broderick Pabillo, D.D His Excellency – His Excellency BENIGNO SIMEON C. AQUINO III
CBCP-NASSA / Caritas PHILIPPINES President of the Republic of the Philippines 470 Gen. Luna Street, Intramuros, New Exec. Bldg., Malacañang Palace Compound Manila, Philippines J. P. Laurel St., San Miguel, Manila